Save my poorly palm!

Miscellaneous

Moderator: Moderator Team

Save my poorly palm!

Postby greenthumb2 » 07 Sep 2006 10:29

I recently bought a large palm (about 5ft) which I was told should be resonably hardy. It was very, VERY potbound, so despite reading that palms are not keen on repotting I did pot it on. Since then I have tried it in sunny and shadier parts of the garden and with more and less watering, but is looking very sorrowful. Many of the lower stems are brown and dried up and even the newer growth is now looking brown and sick. What should I be doing to make it happy and how can I help it get through the winter? Thank you!
greenthumb2
Clean Hands

Postby gardening_guru » 07 Sep 2006 19:27

Hi,

I will have a think about this one and get back to you ASAP. In the meantime, is 'palm' all the information you can give me? I'm more likely to be able to help if we can identify this 'palm' more specifically because there are many different palms. Either a latin name or common name would help a great deal.

Will get back to you,

Regards, George.
George aka The Gardening Guru
gardening_guru
Site Admin

Perhaps a pic could help?

Postby greenthumb2 » 08 Sep 2006 16:40

Unfortunately the palm didn't come with any label and I haven't yet been able to ID it. Is it possible to post a picture?
greenthumb2
Clean Hands

Postby gardening_guru » 08 Sep 2006 19:39

Hello again,

Sorry, we don't have a photogaraph facility on the forum yet and as you can imagine it would take some policing! You could e-mail a picture of your palm to me if you would like, please login and then use the email button below this post to contact me (the button is only available if you're logged in).

George.
George aka The Gardening Guru
gardening_guru
Site Admin

Return to Miscellaneous